Kids Together Again!
Our NEW ROOM is finished and we can't wait to welcome kids into it! Our kids are invited back to Surf City during our 9am gathering. Please RSVP your kids every week they plan on joining us.
Will all rooms be open at both gathering times?
YES- Surf City is available at both 9:00 & 11:00 gatherings, with our littles (0-3yrs) & Kids (4yrs- 4th grades) rooms open.
Do I need to RSVP?
Yes, you need to RSVP using the same form you've used for Sunday gatherings.
Does my child need to wear a mask?
Kids (4yrs-4th grades) will be required to wear masks during the entire time we're together. Littles will not be required to wear masks.
Will adult leaders be wearing masks?
Will you be distancing kids while in the rooms?
Room capacity is limited, and kids are socially distanced whenever possible. However, there may be some games where kids are closer than 6 feet for brief periods of time. In our Littles group (0-3yrs), we won't expect social distancing.
What about cleaning?
It is standard for toys that are mouthed to be picked up immediately and sanitized. In addition, our team will be more intentional to grab discarded toys between individuals playing with/touching them. All touchable surfaces are sanitized between gatherings.
What other Covid precautions are you taking?
Kids' and leaders' temperatures will be screened before entering the rooms. Everyone will also use sanitizer before entering.
Leading Your Kids At Home
Rise Up, April 4
This week, kids learn that Jesus rose up from the dead.
- READ FROM THE BIBLE: Mark 16:1-8; Acts 10:34-43
- YOUNGER KIDS: Read "God's Wonderful Surprise" Jesus Storybook Bible
- THE BIG IDEA: Jesus overcame death
- ASK THIS: What did the women see when they got to the tomb? Where can you share the message of Jesus?
- ACTIVITY: Open Tent INSTRUCTIONS: Watch this video for instructions on how to make a paper tent. Tell the kids to write the name or draw a picture of the person who told them about Jesus. Next to them, write the name or draw a picture of someone they can share the story of Jesus with. We usually share tents with our family members when we go camping. Pray for the people in your paper tent: thank God for allowing someone to share Jesus with you, and ask God to help you share Jesus with someone else.
Rise Up, April 11
This week, kids learn that hope was rising up as Jesus appeared to his disciples.
- READ FROM THE BIBLE: John 20:19-31; I John 1:1-4
- THE BIG IDEA: Jesus connects us to each other.
- ASK THIS: What did Jesus show Thomas to help him believe? Who are the people you are connected with when you believe in Jesus? Jesus connects us to each other, but it's our job to maintain the connection! What can we do this week to strengthen our relationships with the people we're connected to?
ACTIVITY: Adventure Team
- INSTRUCTIONS: Give your kids a backpack with a lightweight blanket or sheet, flashlight, and pieces for an easy floor puzzle in a Ziploc bag. When you switch off the lights, they can open their backpacks to start. Tell them to first "pitch a tent" by propping up their blanket over some chairs. Then they all crawl underneath their tent, and using their flashlight, assemble the puzzle. Once they are done, tell them to take a blanket and lay it across the floor. Have kids sit or lie on their backs on the blanket and “stargaze” (i.e., shine their flashlight toward the ceiling).
- ASK: How did you work together to finish this activity as fast as possible?
- Today's Bible story showed us that knowing Jesus was alive brought all his disciples together, and gave them a purpose as a group – to share this news with others . . . just like you came together to carry out the same goal! Jesus connects us to each other.
Rise Up, April 18
This week, kids learn that Jesus helps his friends rise up when they're feeling down in the story of the miraculous catch of fish.
- READ FROM THE BIBLE: John 21:1-17; Psalm 4:1-3
- THE BIG IDEA: Jesus gives encouragement.
- ASK THIS: How many fish did the disciples catch before Jesus showed up? What can you do to encourage someone who is feeling down?
Rise Up, April 25
This week, kids learn that Jesus rises up to heaven but promises to always be with us.
- READ FROM THE BIBLE: Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:3-11; Acts 4:5-12
- YOUNGER KIDS: Read "Going Home" Jesus Storybook Bible
- THE BIG IDEA: We are stronger with Jesus.
- ASK THIS: What did Jesus tell us to go and do? What are some strengths Jesus has given you?