Watermark partners with KIDS HOPE USA to provide mentors and prayer partners for Rosy Mound Elementary School. This mentor helps to meet the emotional, social, and academic needs of at-risk children by giving them a one-to-one relationship with a mentor from our faith family.
• Commit to 1 hour each week for 1 year
• Love children and be sensitive to their needs
• Be ready to listen to & believe in your child
• Maintain confidentiality
• Be a regular attender of our faith family
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE?:
You would provide one-to-one mentoring for a elementary aged child at Rosy Mound School. The mentor will often use materials provided by the teacher to help the child achieve a specific objective. You will also receive in depth training to help you be an effective mentor before you begin, and follow up through the year.
• Love for children and the conviction that prayer
WHAT AM I COMMITTING TO?:
• Faithfully pray for a KIDS HOPE USA mentor and the child he/she is assigned
• Contact the mentor on a regular basis to get a progress report on:
- Mentor/child relationship
- Child’s strengths and weaknesses
- Any other prayer needs or concerns
Your initial commitment is one year, but our hope is that you would be willing to follow the child through elementary school with your prayers. You might be the
only person praying for this child.
Prayer is the foundation for all we do. Your willingness to keep the mentor and child supported through your prayers is critical for the success of the relationship. We ask that you pray on the day that your child and mentor meet as well as other times throughout the week.